Sunday, November 18, 2007

Typical Sunday

Today was a typical day around here. I'm always the first one given breakfast and fresh water. Mom feels that since I was the first it's important that I get some things before the others do. After mom gives us all breakfast she takes her morning time for coffee and conversation with Dad. Finally around 9am we are all let out of our cages for the day. Everyone pretty much does their own thing during the day. Mom spends time with each of us as she goes about doing her chores for the day. We all got showers first thing this morning. Boy does Aspen hate getting wet. Today he was so bad he wouldn't let mom get her hands on him at all so instead of a nice warm shower in the sink he only got misted with warm water from the spray bottle that mom usually uses in the afternoons when she gets home from work. I helped mom do laundry today but I guess I was a little to helpful because when I kept trying to put the clothes in my mouth to help her fold she finally put me back on the playstand with Aspen.

Keely was in a mood today and spent most of her day trying to go places she's not supposed to be. Mom doesn't mind it when we get down and go to the playstands or the back of the couch but she just doesn't like for us to go to each others cages. Some of us are very possessive of our cages and will bite anyone who comes to visit. A few weeks ago Aspen and I hurt Cinder so bad that mom had to take 2 days off from work to make sure that he wouldn't start bleeding again. He's okay now but he still tries to get on our cage and we just don't like that.

Aspen got on my nerves a lot today so mom ended up separating us for awhile. This happens once in awhile. I love my little buddy dearly but there are times I just want him to leave me alone so when he won't I get testy and nip on him. We have this neat big plastic ball with holes in the side and lots of neat toys hanging from it that Dad suspended from the ceiling that we all love to play on so mom will put me or Aspen over there when we need a time out. Today was my turn to be there first and I had a great time.

It was actually pretty quiet today. I heard mom say that she's getting a sore throat and not feeling up to snuff so she didn't get a lot done and we were left to entertain ourselves for the most part today. Bedtime is at 7:00 pm because we all need lots of sleep so we are happy and not grumpy little birds.

No comments: