Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Not So Loyal Subjects

After mom brought me home she caught MBS (multiple bird syndrome) and before you know it my kingdom started to grow from human and feline subjects to more feathered ones too. I have nine feathered subjects now along with the four feline and two human ones. I'll probably tell you more about the feathered ones but I'm sure as time goes on I'll be mentioning the furry and human ones too.

Bert a white-front amazon was the first feathered subject to join me. She is old and crabby, but with what she went through for most of her 23 years before coming to us I can't blame here. Mom rescued her from a bad home and to this day she really doesn't care for anyone but my dad. I just leave her alone because she deserves her space. Next came Cinder, a Timneh African Grey, and my very best buddy in the whole wide world Aspen, a Jenday Conure. I know as King I'm not supposed to have favorites but I just can't help it when it comes to Aspen. After Aspen and Cinder came Mickey and Bandit two more Conures. Mickey is a Sun Conure just like me, but not as pretty :-) and Bandit is a Nanday Conure. Things quieted down around here for about 3 months but MBS struck again and mom brought home Cinnamon and Ginger who are Cinnamon Green Cheek Conures. They sure are cute but they just don't want to fit into the rest of the flock so mom has to be real careful when she lets them out or they will pick fits with the rest of us. I try to keep them in line but boy those girls sure are hard headed. After the girls came in February the very next month mom went and got Cotton a Citron Cockatoo. Even I have to admit he's a pretty cool guy and it's fun having him around so I forgave mom quickly for bringing him home. Last but not least is Keely, she is a Yellow Nape Amazon. Keely is still a baby and has only been here 2 months now so I don't know a whole lot about her but I'll fill you in as we go.

Well that's it as far as feathered subjects. Mom has promised to post pictures of everyone so you can but faces with names. Oh I guess I should tell you about my feline subjects too. There are the three Persians, Quigley, Max and Axel and one Maine Coon Cat, Lacie. The three Persians are 6 and 4 respectively so they are pretty mellow and don't bother us but that darned Lacie she's only 5 months old and she is all over the place and into everything. Luckily mom keeps a very close eye on her so she can't hurt us. I guess mom will have to post pictures of them too.

That's all I've got to say for now. What I hope to be able to do is just tell everyone about our daily life and what it's like to be King. Hopefully you all won't find my life to boring because I sure don't. I should probably warn you that mom will take over now and again to give her side of things too. She'll mainly discuss our care, safety issues and the boring stuff like that.

No comments: